Get those claws out – it’s time for a fresh, new mani!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
– Black and White nail varnish
– Gold nail varnish
– Clear top coat
– 2 shallow cups of water
– Nail varnish remover & cotton wipes
Start off with clean nails, then the first thing you’ll want to do is give yourself some black and white marble nails.
Not going to lie, this will take you about an hour, plus drying time. For that nail art DIY brought to you by yours truly, follow this tutorial!
Wait for about half an hour for your nails to dry and now we can move on to the gold!
Grab your second cup of water and pour some Gold nail varnish into it. Gently swirl it around with a toothpick.
Dip your fingernails in one-by-one. Allow a bit of gold to be applied over the top of your marble nails.
Once all your nails have been dipped in gold, let them dry for another half an hour to an hour. Then grab your nail varnish remover and cotton wipes and clean up the nail varnish you got on your hands!
Then after a few hours, apply your Clear Top Coat.
The final step is to accessorize like a BOSS with some gold Gold Soul jewelery and you’re ready to show off your new nails.
From time to time, there comes days where you don’t have to do anything at all. These are beautiful days and should be cherished.
It’s easy to be overwhelmed with spare time. So much so that we might get caught up in the thought that this time will last forever and that we have plenty of time to do nothing. Most of the time, that’s not the case.
So what can you do to be productively lazy on your days off? Here’s a few ideas…
1. Sit yourself at a nice cafe. With your girlfriends, or by yourself. Go to your favorite brunch spot or try some place new to eat and drink something yummy. Bring a magazine or the book that you never have time to read. If you’re an artsy gal, bring a pen and notepad and get creative with your thoughts.
2. Go shopping and buy yourself something. You’ve worked hard for that dosh, so now it’s time to shop harder. You’ve probably been eyeing something for the past few months – give yourself permission to finally own it!
3. Watch your favorite movie/show. Be careful with this one. It’s so easy to jump into your most comfortable PJ’s and sit on the couch with some chocolate and Netflix. If you do find yourself in this situation, remember that you’ll eventually have to leave the couch sometime. But go right ahead and pour yourself a glass of wine and have a date with your couch because you deserve this!
4. Try your hand at a DIY project. For some, getting can be fun or therapeutic and the outcome of something that you made can be pretty satisfying. Put on your crafty hat and dive into some serious DIY. Here are some DIY’s that you can try out – from yours truly!
5. Take a trip to the beach. Who doesn’t want to just lay on the sand for a few hours and soak up the sun? Take your sunnies and relax. Listen to the waves and make the most of your day off!
Have fun, babes!
We’ll all have those times when we just need to throw on some headphones and blast some ballads to get rid of those bad, bad negative vibes.
Guys and gals, there’s no need to feel heartbroken – it’s time to move on with some good bangerz. Get out there and feel empowered because we think that you deserve to be surrounded by positive vibes. So get onto this playlist right now and tell them negative people to get the f*** out!
Got Spotify? Follow this playlist here
Fuck You – Lily Allen
Girl Gang – Kate Nash
You Don’t Own Me – Grace ft. G-Easy
Stereotype – Samsaya
BBD – Azealia Banks
Bad Girls – M.I.A
Hideaway – Kiesza
Dancing On My Own – Robyn
Partition – Beyoncé
Red Lipstick – Rihanna
Fuck ‘Em Only We Know – Banks
Leave (Get Out) – Jojo
Fergalicious – Fergie ft. will.i.am
Stop Trying – Sia
*** Flawless – Beyoncé
Rescue – Yuna
Air Balloon – Lily Allen
Take A Bow – Rihanna
As Beyoncé says “I woke up like ‘dis”
Yep, we wake up as we are and most of the time that’s like a very annoyed, half-human, half-zombie… creature. Basically, mornings just aren’t everyone’s forte. The good news is: that can change with a few alterations to our before and after sleep rituals. Here’s a few tips!
1. Go to bed before 12am
If you’re the type of person who has a habit of heading to bed at 3am, this might be hard to hear. One of the main reasons why people hate mornings is that they’re hella tired from the night before. Whether you spent the night talking to some guy or scrolling through 7 different online stores, of course you’re going to be tired if you only got 4 hours of sleep. For those nights when you don’t have to be up late, try getting your beauty sleep before midnight and you’ll wake surprisingly refreshed the next morning.
2. Ditch the late night Instagram check ups
Let’s all be honest – we all love to tuck ourselves up into bed and get comfortable with our phones in hand, right? We’re all guilty of it but it really is time to just not worry about social media as soon as we get comfortable in bed. Just rest your eyes and you’ll wake up the next morning ready to spend the rest of the day looking at your phone screen!
3. Morning stretches
Ahh, it’s the best thing about waking up – stretching your body after a nights sleep. Why not carry out those good feelings and roll out a yoga mat? You don’t need to have the flexibility of a contortionist, just look up some easy yoga moves and stretch out your body!
4. Look forward to Breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of your day and you CAN’T miss it! It kicks off your day, so create a meal that gets you excited and energized for the entire day! A berry smoothie with fresh berries on top? Yes please. Pancakes on pancakes on pancakes? Go for it! Croissants smothered in Nutella? Why. The. Eff. Not?
Every girl needs to have a good red lipstick in their life – whether you’re into beauty or not, it’s a must-have! Whack some onto your lips when you need a bit of glam, and you automatically look like you’re ready for an A-list event.
So why is it such an amazing item to have in every persons’ beauty bag? Here’s just a few reasons why…
– It’s a shade that can be worn in the day or night
– You feel like a boss bitch applying that shiz
– It’s a color that compliments every skin color
– It’s such a classic and timeless color
– There’s a shade for every outfit
– There’s a shade for every mood
– A sheer Red Gloss gives off the effortless look
– Taylor Swift can’t stop singing about it
– Find the right shade and you can create the illusion of brighter and whiter teeth
– Red Lips are a bold statement
– It’s super sexy
– It’s super badass
– It’s an awesome eye-brightening beauty illusion
Is a classic red your favorite color to smear on your lips?
Make a to-do list
It’s true. List making is essential for life. They truly are an amazing organizational tool especially if you’ve got loads on your plate. There’s some sort of satisfaction in being able to cross something off your list and moving on to the next thing to do. Make your list for the day, take that satisfaction, start crossing off those little projects and get shit done!
Wake up early
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to become a morning person – be in the right mindset and know that the next day is a fresh, new day and plan an amazing and exciting breakfast. That’s all it takes for you to quickly go from a zombie to the readiest you can be. The mornings are the best time of day to start your productivity – you’ll surprise yourself with how much you get done when the sun is shining through your window.
So you’re planning to have the most productive week ever? This gives you the perfect excuse to reward yourself! Plan the best weekend with your best gang, whether that involves some cocktails and a dance on Friday night, brunch on Saturday morning, or a Dinner and Champagne on Sunday night. Have something fun or a little cray to look forward to after your most productive week ever!
Feature image: zoella.co.uk